Many factors affect your local SEO success. In this post, we will explore client and customer reviews and offer some interesting statistics that will show how important they are to your small business and what you can do to add more positive feedback to your company’s online reputation.
Customers love and trust your online reviews. Establishing systems within your business to keep them fresh is one of the easiest ways for you to influence your online ranking. Always bear in mind that Google is about visitor experience. If they can see that customers like your business through reviews and comments, the more likely you’ll be to rank high on their search engine.
More and more people are using other consumers experiences to judge your business before they step foot into the building. Such judgments, fair or unfair, can have a significant impact on your bottom line.
Have a look at some of these stats:
- In 2013 it was reported that 85% of consumers read reviews to determine the quality of a business and 32% read reviews on a regular basis. In 2014 these stats rose to 88% and 39% and continue to increase today.
- Just having reviews can increase sales. 63% of consumers said they were more likely to buy from a business which had online reviews.
- Positive reviews can have a direct impact on your bottom line. A one-star improvement can equate to a 5-10% increase in total revenue.
- Online comments and reviews add to consumer’s trust. 78% of buyers say that positive feedback makes them trust a local business more.
- Positive feedback results in positive results. 57% of consumers will visit your website after reading good reviews, and 72% of those users will take action.
What can you do to start making changes to your local business listing?
- Find your Google Places listing and make sure all the information is accurate. Edit if necessary. Potential customers will lose faith in you quickly if they can’t trust the information listed.
- Develop a system for getting positive reviews. If you have a regular client base, this is always a good place to start. Make sure that the system is straightforward and repeatable. Ideally, you want the review process to used long term.
- Properly link your social media pages to your website. You might need some help with this one, but it’s vital. Properly informing Google that all of your web properties are related to the same business is essential when it comes to ranking and updating.
In conclusion, getting good reviews is one of the easiest ways to not only get more potential customers in the doors of your business but to turn those new visitors into raving fans! It’s a little extra work that will pay off in the long run. How will you know it’s working? It’s simple, get into the habit of asking customers how they found you? That answer will speak volumes about how your new online marketing practices are working.